We know baby wipes are used for baby bums, but they can be used in so many more ways. So, can you use baby wipes on your face? The answer is yes! Baby wipes can clean up messy baby faces - hello there, spaghetti dinner night - as well as our own. It’s all about finding the right wipes with the right ingredients.
Baby wipes for baby’s face
We designed our wipes for the most sensitive baby skin, choosing gentle cleansing ingredients for their mild and natural properties.
Baby wipes for your own face
Baby wipes can be used for our own messy faces too, including makeup removal. Raising a family is hard work, so sometimes we need a simpler face wash routine in order to save time and ideally, get some rest.
Types of baby wipes
Choose wipes that work best for your family’s needs; this can mean finding a product designed for sensitive skin, as well as one that is environmentally sustainable. Eco Pea Co. offers one option:
- New Unbleached Bamboo Wipes
- Natural wipes
- Cloth wipes
Ingredients chosen for sensitive skin
Take a look at our baby wipes ingredients list to see what goes into our products, why these ingredients are chosen, as well as their environmental impact:
Classic Bamboo Wipes
- Water: acts as the primary moistener in our wipes.
- Glycerine: this naturally occurring chemical compound is biodegradable and provides skins conditioning
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: our grandmothers have taught us all about the magic that is aloe; this biodegradable skin conditioner provides a natural scent, too
- Gluconolactone: an organic, biodegradable compound that holds moisture
- Sodium Benzoate: an odorless, crystalline powder that prevents wipe deterioration but is biodegradable as well
- Calcium Gluconate: a skin soothing moisturizer that is biodegradable
- Coco-Glucoside: made from the reaction between glucose and coconut oil-derived ingredients (science that sounds tasty!), this ingredient is a skin conditioner ideal for sensitive skin - and it is biodegradable!
- Citric Acid: a mild, organic acid that regulates PH, provides scent, and is biodegradable
New Unbleached Wipes
- Water: as above, and acts as a solvent
- Polyhexamethylene Biguanide HCL: this ingredient is non-biodegradable, but it does prevent the growth of harmful bacteria
- Sodium Benzoate: prevents harmful bacteria and is biodegradable
- Decyl Glucoside: a biodegradable, mild, cleaning agent
- Ethylhexylglycerin: provides skin conditioning and is biodegradable
- Hydroxyacetophenone: a skin conditioner with antioxidants that is biodegradable
- Gluconolactone: a dose of hydration and is biodegradable
- Citric Acid: adjust PH balance and is biodegradable
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: as above, who doesn’t appreciate an ingredient found in nature?
- Chamomile Recutita Extract: a soothing extract found in nature, where it will return after biodegrading
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract: hydrating, found in nature, biodegradable
- Silicone Antifoam Emulsion (Water, PPG-34, Dimethicone Silylate): these mixed materials are partially biodegradable and prevent product spoilage
Now that you know what goes into our products and the benefits baby wipes can have on our families’ faces, check out our shop to see for yourself!